The Sunsella stainless steel vegetable steamer is fast and easy to use. In only minutes you can enjoy healthy, tasty vegetables, steamed to perfection. Retain the flavor and texture of your food and lock in natural vitamins and minerals by steaming.
Expands to fit a variety of pot sizes. Perfect for single serves up to to family size meals. Features a collapsible design for easy storage, and is dishwasher safe for quick clean-ups.
Our steamer basket requires no assembly (center fittings are removable and interchangeable) and is manufactured from durable, 100% high-grade stainless steel to last a lifetime.
Ideal for if you’re looking for instant pot accessories and compatible with both pressure and slow cookers. Steam endless types of food. Including; fruit and veggies, dumplings, buns and desserts, or meat, fish and other seafood.
Available on Amazon here.
Is the Steamer safe to cook baby food in?
The steamer is made from 100% food safe stainless steel. We recommend cooking the vegetables until extra soft, and then blending or chopping to desired texture.
Can you use this in a pressure cooker?
Yes, the Steamer can be used in pressure cookers, slow cookers, electric fry pans and woks.
How high are the legs? How much water can be added for steaming?
The legs are 7/8 of an inch high (22.2 mm). We advise to fill just below the base of the steamer, and to check water level every 7-8 mins to ensure the pot does not boil dry.
Are the legs removable or are they permanently attached?
The legs are permanently attached, but the steamer does feature a screw in handle, which can be removed when necessary for steaming larger items.
How do you get the basket out of the pot once your vegetables are cooked?
You can use either the ring or extension handle (Included). Insert a fork or similar to lift out of the pan, or pick up using heat protection on your hands. (A towel or potholder works great)
Is this steamer bpa-free (no bpa coating on the stainless steel)?
There are no BPA coatings on this steamer, it is 100% Stainless Steel.
Could you use this to steam other things than Vegetables?
Yes absolutely, it works great with dumplings, buns, fish, eggs and many more.
Use & Care Instructions
It is recommended with all stainless steel products to DRY COMPLETELY after washing to prevent water spots or surface discoloration/rust on stainless steel. DO NOT soak for extended periods.
- Rinse after use for ease of cleaning.
- Always dry completely to avoid discoloration.
- Do Not Soak for extended periods.
- For stubborn stains use a baking soda and water mix. Apply a paste to the stained area. Allow to sit for 15 minutes before scrubbing with a sponge or cloth. Wash afterwards with warm, soapy water. And dry completely. Alternatively a vinegar, baking soda and water mixture works great.
- Wash before use. Our steamer is dishwasher safe.
- To open, place fingers in center circle and gently pull outwards. To close, place fingers under outside edge of steamer and collapse to the center.
- The Steamer is designed to sit on the base of a pot resting on the 3 Stainless Steel legs underneath (Not designed to balance on the rim of the pot)
- Fill water level to just below base of the Steamer – Check water level every 5-8 minutes to avoid damage to pot. Do not submerge steamer.
- For best results use a lid to cover steamer. Use care when removing lid as steam or condensation on bottom of lid can lead to burns. Beware of hot handle when removing steamer from pot or pan, use suitable heat protection or tongs to remove.
- Not recommended for use on pots and pans with a surface that can easily scratch.
- Most vegetables should be cooked in 5-10 minutes depending on how large the vegetables have been cut, test vegetables with a fork to get desired tenderness before removing steamer.
- Keep out of reach of children when in use. Edges could cause injury. Not to be used as a toy.